Michael Bakari Jordan responds to RACIST backlash over role he earned in new Fantastic Four movie! 2017 Film!
(Source)
http://news.moviefone.com/2015/05/22/fantastic-four-michael-b-jordan-responds-to-critics-of-blac/
News.MovieFone.com writes,
"Not everyone feels, well, fantastic about a black actor taking on the role of Johnny Storm/The Human Torch in the new "Fantastic Four" movie. In this re-imagining, Kate Mara plays Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, Miles Teller is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Jamie Bell is Ben Grimm/The Thing, and Michael B. Jordan is Johnny Storm, the role played by Chris Evans in the 2005 movie.
Since Johnny was originally written to be blond with blue eyes, some fans grumbled about the change to cast Michael B. Jordan. Jordan just wrote a piece for Entertainment Weekly, responding to comments like "A black guy? I don't like it. They must be doing it because Obama's president," "It's not true to the comic," and "They've destroyed it!"
Here's part of what Jordan wrote:
It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I can see everybody's perspective, and I know I can't ask the audience to forget 50 years of comic books. But the world is a little more diverse in 2015 than when the Fantastic Four comic first came out in 1961. Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, "You're good. I'm okay with this," who am I to go against that?
Some people may look at my casting as political correctness or an attempt to meet a racial quota, or as part of the year of "Black Film." Or they could look at it as a creative choice by the director, Josh Trank, who is in an interracial relationship himself—a reflection of what a modern family looks like today. [...]
To the trolls on the Internet, I want to say: Get your head out of the computer. Go outside and walk around. Look at the people walking next to you. Look at your friends' friends and who they're interacting with. And just understand this is the world we live in. It's okay to like it."
Here's my opinion!
In recent times, we have seen a number of stories like these. Whenever a so called, "black" person lands a role in one of these movies, the first thing these racist Caucasian people claim is "Affirmative Action!" In other words, that so called black person was placed there in that role, and did not earn the part at all! They were merely hired to play the role based off of the color of their skin!
For example, the race card was played with Idris Elba was hired to star in Thor 2!
And earlier this year Michelle Rodriguez said so called, "minorities" need to stop stealing roles from white actors!
And yes! She actually used the word stealing to describe what's going on!
I find her choice of words to be hilarious for numerous reasons!
The main reason is because she is genetically Caucasian herself!
She may not socially identify as being a, "white" person.
However, she is a white woman herself!
Michelle, being a White Latina woman, brings up a very interesting point.
She said she is against so called minorities playing "white" roles.
If I could talk to Michelle I'd ask her whether or not she is okay with
white men such as Orson Wells and Laurence Oliver playing the character
Othello the Moor!
White men wore black face paint in the 50's and the 60's and "stole" the role
of Othello.
Speaking of blackface, I wonder what Michelle would have to say about
Robert Downey Jr. "stealing" a role in Tropical Thunder!
And let's not forget about Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra! Since when is she an African?
And last but certainly not least, possibly the most offensive offender ever.
Jesus Christ!
The Bible says Jesus came back with skin the color of brass that was burned in an
oven and white woolly hair!
Yet for whatever reason, Hollywood loves to hire a blue eyed bastard to pretend to be God!
And I am so God damned offended by it!
I feel your pain Michelle! I so do!
Give us our characters back and we'll give you yours!
We need to make this trade ASAP! I insist!
Let me know what you think about it all below!
And be sure to subscribe to the MEET Magazine YouTube channels for more!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTf1ESQ7pkYeCjMbJdN_wg/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/meetmagazine2/videos

No comments:
Post a Comment